I/we oppose the costly, regressive and unworkable fuel policy – called “LCFS”— being proposed by the 2019 Washington state legislature. A “LCFS” would create a deeply flawed, ineffective and unsustainable fuel policy that would increase fuel costs in our state while providing no clear guidelines or accountability for how the program would be overseen, and no guarantee of effectiveness or significantly reducing greenhouse gases.
You may list our organization/business publicly as a member of Affordable Fuel Washington, a growing coalition of Washington citizens, employers, farmers, organizations and families who support sustainable, achievable and cost-effective fuel policies that don’t unfairly burden Washington consumers while providing little environmental benefits.
Thank you for becoming a member of our coalition. Below are answers to some common questions about our membership forms and membership in our coalition.
- Signing a member form simply confirms membership in our coalition – the statewide coalition of Washington citizens, organizations and businesses organized to oppose this costly and flawed proposal that would create damaging policies for our state.
- Signing a member form does not obligate you to contribute time or money, or attend any meetings or make any public statements. Members are welcome to become more actively involved in coalition activities. However, any further involvement beyond being listed as a supporter is entirely voluntary.
- To show the breadth of our membership, lists of our members may from time to time be used in materials such as fact sheets, website, brochures, letterhead and possibly in advertisements. By signing this member form you are giving permission for our coalition to list your name and/or your business/organization name publicly as a member of our coalition. All statements in our coalition materials will be based on verifiable facts and information, and all publications and activities of our coalition will be conducted in strict compliance with all relevant state and federal laws and regulations.
- All lists of individual members will note that any titles and affiliations are for identification purposes only and do not imply the endorsement of affiliated businesses or groups unless expressly indicated.
- Member contact information will be used solely for communications between our coalition and members. Member addresses and other contact information will not be sold to any other groups, organizations or businesses.